The HBA1224 alarm is used in a 12V or 24V automotive system. It monitors the handbrake switch and the doorframe switch* to provide audible and visual warning if the door is opened while the handbrake is not applied. Once the alarm starts, it stays latched on until the handbrake is applied (even if the door is closed again).
Three connector options available
The standard HBA1224 features a fly lead, while the HBA1224-003 features a male connector lead 10 way (9 wire) for a faster, simpler installation. Simply choose from the drop-down above which variant hand brake alarm and connector you would like.
HBA1224: Standard (no) Connector
HBA1224-003: Connectorised Loom
The HBA1224 improves vehicle safety as it:
- Reduces the risk of the vehicle being accidentally left unattended without the handbrake on.
- If used with external relay/horn, it can provide a warning to anyone in the general area, that a vehicle has been left without it’s handbrake on.
- Warns you when you forget to apply the handbrake
- Security against damage caused by runaway vehicles
- Horn output ensures others will be warned
- A mandatory health and safety installation on many mining site vehicles
- Suitable for all vehicles
- Built-in LED warning light and internal piezo buzzer plus external output
- Designed for universal fitment
- Output latches on once triggered
- Can be used in various other installations (headlight alarm)
*The doorframe switch is the switch mounted in the doorframe that switches on the cab light when the door is opened.
|Standby Current Draw||<2mA|
|Input (Operating) Voltage||9 – 32VDC|