The Roll Over Sensor (ROS) triggers a battery isolation in the event of a vehicle rollover by signaling the isolation switch to disconnect power to the trucks system.
It enables trucks to meet the legal requirement of roll-over sensing (AS2809:2008) and represents a significant improvement over existing rollover switches in the market.
The Roll Over Sensor has been designed for high reliability undergoing thorough environmental and lifetime testing.
It is compatible with most common battery master isolation switches and will provide enhanced safety when used with REDARC’s Battery Master Isolation Switch (BMIS).
- Easy periodic test by pin-removal and tilt mechanism
- Suitable for 12V or 24V systems
- Uses dual accelerometers for automotive safety applications, giving high accuracy, reliability and ability to detect fault conditions
- Resilient to truck electrical environments
- Immune to vibration, bump, shock, turning or electrical transients
- Built for high reliability using automotive grade parts, and redundant sensors and controllers
- Custom industrial design housing
- Fault detection and indication LED on the unit and via an optional dash-mounted lamp
Input (Operating) Voltage 9V to 32V (12V or 24V systems) Current draw (into VIN+) 16mA (typical) Switching Point 45° – 64° (55° typical) Waterproof IP rating IP66, IP67 & IP69K Length (mm) 150 Width (mm) 122 Height (mm) 65 Weight (kg) 0.7 Warranty 2 Years